Common Work Visa is issued to Indian citizens, citizens of other countries and stateless persons who seek to enter the Russian Federation for employment purposes, which is granted on the basis of an invitation issued by Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (FMS of Russia), with the possibility of subsequent extension of the visa by the regional FMS branch.
Work visa can be extended in the territory of Russia on the basis of the employment contract or civil-law contract for work or services, entered into between the employer and the employee in compliance with the laws of the Russian Federation.
Work visa allows only one (single) entry into the Russian Federation and has a validity period of up to 90 days (with the exception of visas issued to highly qualified specialists).
Documents to be submitted while applying for work visas:
- Invitation for the entry to the Russian Federation issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (original + copy).
- International passport (+ copy of the page with photo), containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, and valid for a period of 1.5 years from the first date of the visa validity period.
- Application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed out and personally signed by the applicant.
(When selecting the location for submission of the documents please specify the visa center you will be applying at.)
- One colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with light-coloured background, clear image of the applicant directly facing the camera, without dark/ tinted glasses or any headgear (with the exception of persons who wear such headgear due to their ethnic/ religious background, and are seen wearing the same in their passport photo.
- HIV test report (showing negative HIV test results and issued not earlier than 3 months before the application date) (original +copy).
Please note: Fax and scanned copies are not accepted. The original invitation must be sent to the applicant by mail or courier.
Please note: The Consular Office reserves the right to request additional documents for processing the visa, invite the applicant for an interview or extend visa processing time.
Citizens of certain foreign countries (not citizens of India) may apply for Russian visa only if they have a residence permit or a long-term Indian visa which entitles them to stay in India for more than 3 months.
If you are not an Indian citizen, it is necessary to submit additionally:
- Permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Venezuela, Haiti, Egypt, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, United Arab Emirates, Oman (not required in exceptional cases), Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, Finland, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of South Africa, Japan. Citizens of the following countries can be granted a visa without submitting the permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days, only in humanitarian cases: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Spain, Macedonia, Slovenia, Norway, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, and Estonia.
Depending on the national legislation the documentary evidence of continuous stay in India for more than 90 days may be a student visa, work visa, work permit, temporary residence permit, temporary residence registration, etc.
- Permanent residence permit in India or other similar document for the citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, Iraq, Iran, China, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Turkey , Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia.
after submission to Consulate
(visas not subject to the Agreement)
(inclusive of GST)
Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata Visa Centres:
|4 - 20 working days||1300 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days*||2600 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
|4 - 20 working days||2080 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days*||4160 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
|4 - 20 working days||3900 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days*||7800 INR||1180 INR|
after submission to Consulate
(visas issued to third country nationals and stateless persons)**
(inclusive of GST)
|4-20 working days||4550 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||9100 INR||1180 INR|
|4-20 working days||7280 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||14560 INR||1180 INR|
|4-20 working days||13650 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||27300 INR||1180 INR|
Please note: If you are not a citizen of the Republic of India or a stateless person, you are required to confirm the tariff for visa issuance with operators of the Russian visa center.
** Visa applications by citizens of countries, which have international agreements with the Russian Federation stipulating visa processing fees / exemption from visa fees, shall be subject to the provisions of the respective agreement.
Cost and terms of the issuance of visas to the citizens of other countries and stateless persons are calculated according to the "Tariff of Consular Fees, levied by the consular offices of the Russian Federation."
Consular and service fees are collected directly at the visa center office during documents submission and are payable in cash.
Transferring or restoration of visa, regardless of citizenship
|1820 INR||1180 INR|
Please note: Before submitting the documents for transfer or restoration of visa please consult with operators of the Russian visa center regarding the procedure, list of required documents and processing time.
To fill in the questionnaire, please follow this link visa.kdmid.ru
Filling out application form
Russian Visa Center offers facility of filling out your application form. Extra fee of Rs 770 is levied for it in addition to the service charge. You can avail the service while submitting your documents for visa processing.