Common Tourist Visa is issued to Indian citizens, citizens of other countries and stateless persons who seek to enter the country for tourist purposes (visiting cultural sites, excursions, and sightseeing) for a short period of time. It is issued on the basis of a tourist confirmation letter from a Russian organization which is authorized to carry out tour operator activities and is registered in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators under a reference number.
Tourist visa also allows entry to the country for conducting brief business negotiations, attending exhibitions, participating in auctions, for medical consultations or medical examinations. In such cases the tourist confirmation should state “aim tourism” as the purpose of visit and the visa will be issued for the exact number of days specified by the confirmation (no more than 30 days).
Tourist visa can be issued for single or double entry to the Russian Federation. Tourist visa can be issued to citizens of India for multiple entry to the Russian Federation.
Double entry tourist visa is issued to foreign citizens only in cases when according to the supporting documents, the tourists during their stay in Russia plan to visit neighbouring states (the “near abroad” countries - the CIS and Baltic States), or a state, from which they will return through the Russian territory (for example, China or Mongolia). In such cases all itinerary points should be mentioned in the tourist confirmation issued by the host Russian organization.
Multiple entry tourist visa is issued to citizens of the Republic of India for period of up to six months, on condition that length of every stay in the Russian Federation cannot exceed 30 days, and total length of stay cannot exceed 90 days out of every period of 180 days.
The maximum length of stay while travelling to Russia on a single or double entry tourist visa is 30 days.
Documents to be submitted while applying for tourist visa (single or double entry):
- Tourist confirmation letter (fax or scanned copy can be submitted) stating that the tourist is going to be hosted by a Russian Organization which is authorized to carry out tour operator activities and is registered in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators under a unique reference number; It should contain all vital data of the tourist (full name, date of birth, sex, nationality and passport number), duration of stay (date of entry and exit), number of entries granted by the visa, full title of the Russian tour operator issuing the invitation, its unique reference number (MVT) and the list of paid tourist services (transport, accommodation, excursions, etc.), personal signature of the head of the tour agency together with the organization’s official seal.
- International passport (+ a good quality scanned copy of the page with photo and address page – both on one side of an A4 sheet), containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, and valid for a period of 6 months from the date of expiry of the visa.
- Application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed out and personally signed by the applicant. When selecting the location for submission of the documents please specify the visa center you will be applying at.
- One colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with light-coloured background, clear image of the applicant directly facing the camera, without dark/ tinted glasses or any headgear (with the exception of persons who wear such headgear due to their ethnic/ religious background, and are seen wearing the same in their passport photo).
The Consular Office reserves the right to request additional documents for processing the visa, invite the applicant for an interview or extend visa processing time.
Confirmation of a hotel booking does not serve as the basis for issuance of a tourist visa.
Citizens of certain foreign countries (not citizens of India) may apply for Russian visa only if they have a residence permit or a long-term Indian visa which entitles them to stay in India for more than 3 months.
If you are not an Indian citizen, it is necessary to submit additionally:
- Permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Venezuela, Haiti, Egypt, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, United Arab Emirates, Oman (not required in exceptional cases), Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, Finland, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of South Africa, Japan. Citizens of the following countries can be granted a visa without submitting the permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days, only in humanitarian cases: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Spain, Macedonia, Slovenia, Norway, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, and Estonia.
Depending on the national legislation the documentary evidence of continuous stay in India for more than 90 days may be a student visa, work visa, work permit, temporary residence permit, temporary residence registration, etc.
- Permanent residence permit in India or other similar document for the citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, Iraq, Iran, China, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Turkey , Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia.
after submission to Consulate
(visas issued under the Agreement)*
(inclusive of GST)
Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata Visa Centres:
|2 - 3 working days||1300 INR||1180 INR|
|1 working day||2600 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
|2 - 3 working days||2080 INR||1180 INR|
|1 working day||4160 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
|Multiple Entry Visa|
|4 -10 working days||3900 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||7800 INR||1180 INR|
*Visas issued according to the Agreement between the governments of the Russian Federation and the Republic of India on simplification of the requirements for the certain categories of citizens
after submission to Consulate
(visas issued to third country nationals and stateless persons)**
(inclusive of GST)
|4-20 working days||4550 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||9100 INR||1180 INR|
|4-20 working days||7280 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||14560 INR||1180 INR|
Please note: If you are not a citizen of the Republic of India or a stateless person, you are required to confirm the tariff for visa issuance with operators of the Russian visa center.
** Visa applications by citizens of countries, which have international agreements with the Russian Federation stipulating visa processing fees / exemption from visa fees, shall be subject to the provisions of the respective agreement.
Cost and terms of the issuance of visas to the citizens of other countries and stateless persons are calculated according to the "Tariff of Consular Fees, levied by the consular offices of the Russian Federation."
Consular and service fees are collected directly at the visa center office during documents submission and are payable in cash.
To fill in the questionnaire, please follow this link visa.kdmid.ru
Filling out application form
Russian Visa Center offers facility of filling out your application form. Extra fee of Rs 770 is levied for it in addition to the service charge. You can avail the service while submitting your documents for visa processing.